Expert Stone Fireplace Refacing
Has your fireplace seen better days? Our experts at NorthStar Stone specialize in fireplace resurfacing, helping to bring your old fireplace back to life with a fresh new look. We can install beautiful and durable stone veneer over your old fireplace so it looks as good as new and better fits your home’s overall aesthetic.
Are you interested in learning more about our fireplace installation and refacing services? We are happy to answer any questions you have. To set up a time to chat with our experts, please call us at 224-880-6000 or contact us online.
Benefits of Fireplace Refacing
There are plenty of great reasons to consider refacing your fireplace. Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits of this project:
- Increased home value: Refacing your fireplace can improve your home’s overall value and appeal to potential buyers.
- Improved maintenance: Some older fireplace materials are hard to keep clean. Refacing it with an easy-to-care-for stone veneer can reduce the amount of maintenance you need to do.
- Repaired damage: Over the years, your fireplace is probably showing signs of wear and tear. During the refacing process, we can address these issues so you have no worries moving forward.
- Better aesthetics: If your current fireplace is simply outdated, refacing it is the perfect way to refresh your space and make it look more modern.
Material and Style Options
When you choose stone veneer for your fireplace refacing, you’ll quickly learn that there is no shortage of style and color options for your design. Whether you want a light and bright stone or a dark and cozy river rock look, we have something you’ll love. Our stone options include the following:
- Narrow Profile Stone
- Cobble Field Style Stone
- Ledge Stone
- River Rock Stone
- Castle Rock Stone
- Mountain Stack Stone
- Mountain Ledge Stone
- Cobble Limestone
- Cobble Stack Stone
- Wisconsin Prairie Stone
- Cobble Stone
- Stone & Stucco
Fireplace Refacing Process
When you choose NorthStar Stone for your fireplace refacing, you can expect an easy and streamlined process made up of the following steps:
- Consultation: We’ll meet with you to hear about your design ideas and give you an estimate of the cost and timeline for your project.
- Material selection: Next, you’ll choose which stone veneer option you want to use for your project.
- Preparation: Before we start the refacing, we’ll remove the existing materials, as needed, to prep the area. In some cases, we can install the stone veneer over the existing materials, like brick.
- Installation: After we prepare the area, we can begin installing your new stone veneer.
- Clean up: The final step is to clean up and remove any debris once the installation is complete.
Cost and Financing Options
The price you’ll pay for your refacing project largely depends on the size of the fireplace. Because we manufacture the stone, the price per square foot is the same, so you can transform your fireplace in a way that works with your budget. Plus, we offer financing options that make it easier for you to get the upgrade you want in a way that works best for you.
Any time you have work done to your fireplace, safety is key. Our installers always use proper safety precautions during the refacing process to ensure that your fireplace and your home are protected against damage.
Maintenance Tips for Your Updated Fireplace
After your new stone veneer is installed, keeping up with regular maintenance will help it last as long as possible. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Sweep the hearth to prevent the buildup of dirt and grime
- Keep the hearth clear of debris and flammable objects
- Clean your stone veneer as needed with a soft bristle brush
Before and After Transformation Photos
Take a look at the photos below to see how we’ve helped transform local fireplaces from “blah” to “beautiful” with our refacing services!
Why Choose NorthStar Stone?
When you want to ensure that your fireplace is in good hands, when you want to choose the exact stone in the exact color and shape you like, there’s no better choice than NorthStar Stone. Our refacing experts have years of experience working with homeowners like you in crafting your dream fireplace and we’d be honored to help you fall in love with your fireplace again.
Fireplace Refacing FAQs
Can I reface my fireplace myself?
Yes! If you’d prefer to go the DIY route, you can order custom stone veneer from us for your project.
Do I need to add a mantel to my refaced fireplace?
Adding a mantel is the perfect way to give your refaced fireplace a more complete look. We have plenty of design options available!